martin potter cutting back
Gustavo from Brasil writes ‘ howabout this one ‘ ^ – gus comes from here and you might need a little portogueso to read his message.
Thank you indeed gus. The Pottz, as pictured, comes in the same catgory as The Archbold – in that he’s possibly doing all this for the pic opportunity – it’s not as if Hornbaker rolls up to your home break with his camera without being invited.
The following deserves attention:
(1) His back foot is fully extended and his knee is locked – this is not good as a third of his body weight is now unmanaged. He has however managed to extract a good sized squirt of wave-top. This is mission accomplished to the more corporate amongst us – Bless you and your endeavours.
(2) He has jammed his trailing arm in the water too hard and in order to recover has thrown his leading arm up into the air parallel to the inclination of his head – this also is not good. In fact it’s probably an involuntary move and not an attractive outcome to use the parlance, unless you do air guitar.
(3) His head has already started to come around for the turn back out and he’s going to have to be quick in unlocking his knees to get the rest of his body weight synchronised for the exit – This stage of the manoeuvre has potential though we don’t like the neck-tuck, there looks to be a misplaced momentum release there. Like a golfer, he needs a good follow through for his shot. This one’s buggered. Bogey.
(4) Potters’s craven acceptance of the temptation to whang off a slice of wave-top for the shot has completely destroyed his natural equilibrium and the result, although an attractive pic for the kiddie’s bedroom wall, is in reality a lesson of the power of vanity over ability.
(5) There is enough wave left under him to come around fast and there may be a deep forehand drive available in the bottom half of the wave if he twinkles – but Pottz was always quick, even on the pool table.
Which reminds me, there is still an amount outstanding for pool-table hire at Moby Dicks (Whale Beach) for that night when the younger Carroll and Potter, plus all their hangers on, denied members use of same for three hours – your early attention to these arrears will be appreciated.